LIGHTING EXPERIMENTS AND LUMINETRI SCOPES





  • This was for research and experimentation. Being at university, I have met a lot of different students from all over the UK and even a few international students. 
  • I have noticed at a lot of parties and pre-drinking, students have a lot of LED lights when listening to music. Some are large LED speakers, others are fitted lights, however, the experience is much the same. 
  • The term 'mood lighting' is applicable to this because it makes a small students halls bedroom, feel like the dancefloor of a nightclub. 
  • I think this is so important considering the Covid- 19 environment we're in now. Households of students find a sense of normality, using these lights and the music to give them a similar experience to the nightclubs (obviously just between their own household)
  • Potentially this is something I could incorporate in my final design. 


  • On that subject, I tried playing around with Adobe Premier Pro. I noticed the colour editing tool called the Lumetri scopes, looked really interesting when processing a video.
  • I tried putting in a music video which is designed to fit the music playing and the scopes formed were amazing. I straight away could imagine them projected onto a wall like the 'disco lights' I mentioned before. 
  • I think it's obvious that they are not sound waves which is something I wanted to avoid as I thought it would be an obvious approach which would lead me to a less original idea. 
  • I'll show these in my next critiques to see if people like them as well as ask other students opinions.

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(B5) KEY FEATURES OF GOTHIC ARCHITECTURE