(B7) ZINE LAYOUT AND DEVELOPMENT

This was the first basic layout mock up for the zine. I know she liked the idea of a collage effect so, thats what I tried to do with the layout. As well as the prism objects from her still life images, I added more chains and some large three-dimensional shapes. The large shape was actually in more of a zig-zag shape at the beginning but, Rhianna asked me to try using it to link each of the photographs. We both agreed it looked better in a zig-zag shape rather than rectangular. I also had a gradient background on it to show her and she said she would prefer me to try the background Kira used for the business cards.

I prefer booklet zines in general but, Rhianna wanted a zine that could incorporate the business cards by being a fold out from a sheet. That is why I have used a 5 column, 2 row grid to show the folds. The bottom left two rectangles would be the front and back. The whole of the other side will be a poster of just one of her images. 



We had issues rescaling the background picture for the zine so, I made a quick placeholder to show Rhianna basically what it would look like. I personally think its too busy and its difficult to look at. However, Rhianna and Kira really liked it and said it worked perfectly with the other deliverables. She did ask that I try the design with the same background on the  front and back cover, instead of the black. I chose this image to be the poster side of the zine, I think it is a good image to display her overall aesthetic and interest. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(B5) KEY FEATURES OF GOTHIC ARCHITECTURE