(B7) DISCUSSION WITH KIRA AND RHIANNA

So it has been quite confusing throughout all of this project. We have been consistantly showing our designs to Rhianna and asking her for critique and its all been "Yes great" but, not actually answering our questions. We brought up the fact the logo fully designed in Blender is very busy and may affect legibility. We suggested solutions such as; making a 3D chrome iconagraphic logo and then creating a futuristic font for her name to be printed on the back side of the business card or small below the logo, having "Phogirl" in the 3D chrome and "Rhi Rhi" in another font etc. She listened to all of our advice and agreed but, then persisted that she wanted her whole Instagram name to be in the 3D rendered chrome font. 

I also asked if she liked the way I had edited her images and asked if she wants me to continue with that or try something else. She just agreed and didn't actually give me an answer. It made it awkward as Kira and I didn't know where we stood with everything.

Then after that conversation, Rhianna had messaged Kira and asked us to design a zine that is an extension of her business cards. I asked her which photographs she would like to be present in the zine, what sort of editing she wanted and whether she wanted type. Her response was "whatever you thinks best and I don't need the text, I want a look book sort of thing". I appreciate creative freedom however, it was obvious she wanted it a certain way, I believe she was just trying to please us. 

Both Kira and I probably could have explained everything better and we should have set clear objectives in the beginning like The Futur explain in their video about handling clients. Not only that, we are all third year students under the stress of final assignment hand-ins and therefore we emphathise with each other and try to make it easier (but, inevitably making it harder). So, both Kira and I decided to carry on with the stuff we had been doing and show Rhianna some final products so she can see the designs in context.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(B5) KEY FEATURES OF GOTHIC ARCHITECTURE