(B5) CRITIQUE

I showed Nick the designs I had been doing so far and asked which idea I should pursue (basically what has the most potential) and what could improve the posters. He said that the illustrations should be the focal element and not just slotted in around the type. That the images are stronger than the text and work very well individually. This goes for the map idea also, I should accentuate the illustrations much more and probably reduce the amount of type in the design.

I also arranged a critique with Bradley and Raisa to get more opinions as it has been a while since my last group critique. They both said that the poster idea might be the best option just because of fitting all the type on there and showing off the illustrations. But, I really need to think of my objectives of this brief. I want to create something informative that young people around Leeds can engage with to appreciate Gothic architecture.  So far I am not organising the design well enough to balance both the type and image which means I need to find a better method. 


I did try making a simplified version of my original poster with the type less of a focal element. It still looked odd and I did not like the layout.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(B5) KEY FEATURES OF GOTHIC ARCHITECTURE