SUMMATIVE EVALUATION

This year more than any other year, I have really taken the time to understand my own personal professional practice. From the beginning, I have set myself goals to work on, in order to improve my design process ready for industry. The concept was challenging and surreal to think that my time at university will soon be coming to an end and that the research and branding I am putting into this project will actually be crucial for me in the next coming months. 

I struggled to respond to many of the tasks set because I was not entirely sure what sort of designer I wanted to be yet. Even thinking of a studio/ design name was difficult because I am yet to find my own visual language. The whole point of my branding is to show that I am multidisciplinary and no fixed variable, in hopes to reach a wider audience without fixing myself to one area. The manifesto was one of the hardest tasks for PPP, I really struggle to talk about my work and so, made a statement of my morals instead. CoP and PPP, have made me consider much larger pictures, like sustainability and ethics. I wanted to show what my morals and values are, on every platform I engage with, using my manifesto to convey them. I know it is something I can add to later like Will Patterson said, I will be continuously learning and my process will adapt. 

If we had been given this brief back in level one, the responses would have been far different. I have learnt so much about the industry and what to expect. I have also compiled a list of resources to refer back to if I need more information. Overall, this project has been very benefitting for me as it has allowed me to reflect on my time at Leeds Arts and what will happen next.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(B5) KEY FEATURES OF GOTHIC ARCHITECTURE