(B7) LOGO EXPERIMENTS

 



1. I started trying to do a symbolistic approach (which might seem quite obvious for a photographer's logo) however, I was going for a more cyber theme that Rhianna likes and wants to be included in the designs. I did not like where it was going though so, moved on 

2.  I went on to try making her initials for 'Rhi Rhi', into a bold logotype. I added some patterns to resemble the inside of a microchip or basic "breadboard" components. I liked the pattern but, I can imagine it blowing out too much if the logo is increased in size (even being a vector). I did like the type (hand-rendered) and went onto draw her second name initial

3.  Even though this design is quite simple, I really liked it and thought it would be easy to manipulate and add effects due to its versatility.

4.  I wanted to try using the techy pattern from before to create a letterform. At the time I thought it was a cool idea but, looking back, it did not stand out very much compared to the design before 

5.  To prove my point before, the letter gets lost in the background even when it was in black 
I knew that Rhianna really liked the Dazed Beauty logo (chrome, three-dimensional letterforms). 

6.  So, I added the chrome effect to the initials I drew before. I personally really enjoyed it and could see it as an Instagram logo and on business cards 

7.  One of the images I liquified earlier was used to create a clipping mask with the initials. I also added a bevel and emboss to keep that three-dimensional appearance 

8.  This is just the same design as before but, with the image as a background also. I wanted to see if it would make the initials appear see-through

9.  I tried again with the design from earlier (2) by overlaying it onto one of the images and creating a clipping mask. I still thought it looked bad and would lack legibility when downsized 

Kira had also been working on some logo designs, mainly focusing on the chrome effect and making it look similar to the Dazed Beauty logo. I, unfortunately, could not make it to the meeting between Kira and Rhianna but, they had decided to go with Kira's logo designs. From that, we had decided to delegate the deliverables, so I would start adding 3D elements and 'cyber' themed elements to the photographs and Kira do the logo and business card. 

Kira had some trouble making Rhianna's whole Instagram name, 'Photo girl Rhi Rhi', into the desired chrome effect. It made it look busy and chaotic and so we both tried to find ways to solve this issue. 

10.  I tried the design by accident in black on one of the liquified images and it looked interesting so, I saved it as a potential path we could go in if the chrome does not work 

11.  It made sense to try and split the large text up by pairing it with another font but, one that is not as bold. I used part of the pattern from earlier to create a divider in the text and then Helvetica Neue for 'RHI RHI' 

12.  This is the same as before but without the divider 

13.  Once again, this is the same approach however, I used a gothic font to add to the aesthetic that some of her images have 

14.  I tried to make the design look 3D  but, it made the gothic type less legible 

15.  Removing the drop shadow helped recover its previous legibility

16.  Like before, I placed the design on top on a liquified image. I thought it looked like what Rhianna was looking for however, we found out later that she wanted to keep the whole thing in the chrome blender type



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(B5) KEY FEATURES OF GOTHIC ARCHITECTURE