(B6) SUMMATIVE EVALUATION

This project has been extremely challenging with regard to the collaboration itself. I have felt like it has been a one-way street throughout the project which has been extremely frustrating. I have consistently shared my work on the drive, including my blogs and my research, unfortunately, that has not been reciprocated. 

After listening to The Futur's video on how to talk to clients, I tried to approach Bradley in the same way. I set clear goals in the beginning and throughout, and I aired my concerns and challenged anything that did not fit the brief. Nevertheless, it did not change the outcome even when I had tried communicating the issues. I think the reason for all of this was because he had not read my research and I do not think he did much of his own. It was clear that this was the case when he started manipulating my initial chladni designs, making them completely unjustified and calling them "DIY grunge" which is not a thing as far as I am aware. I am disappointed with this collaboration and how it went down, Bradley is an extremely talented designer but, I do not think his head was in the game for this project. Likewise, my frustration hindered my motivation deeply, it took me a while to enjoy the designs of this project again. 

The actual brief gave me a lot of nostalgia of our first year at Leeds Arts University. For me, this similar brief in level four was the project I tried my hardest on (it was the first project to spark my interest). I had put my heart and soul into the design however, I handed in three seconds late and only received 56. This was the project that I lost all of my confidence in but, now looking back I can see how far I have come. This brief has let me see for myself, how much I have learned and progressed, my whole approach to design has shifted for the better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(B5) KEY FEATURES OF GOTHIC ARCHITECTURE