(B6) POSTER DESIGN DEVELOPMENT


  • We have not spoken about which record design we will be going with as of yet so that will have an effect on the chosen poster design. This design is very similar to one of the records I had designed on the previous page which goes against what I have been saying about avoiding a regurgitation of the record design
  • As a separate poster design, I think it is interesting and I am trying to picture how someone who listens to this genre would want the poster to look like 
  • I referenced my cymatic research where they spoke of how the sand moved to the state of "chaos" whilst moving between frequencies
  • I used that here with the idea that Alternative Metal is constantly shifting in style, from song to song



  • This poster design is much more simple and can be used as one poster but the back to back design or a set of two 
  • I did this to continue showing the separation between both sides of the record 



  • As before, I kept this separation theme for the next load of poster designs 
  • I thought it would be good to add the logo so it is not confused with anything else but our microgenre brand identity
  • The designs were interesting but, I think it would make more sense if these were all reversible posters rather than two individual posters (as they look too much alike there would be no point)

  • This design gives me a very film poster feel with the way I laid out the type
  • It is inspired by the last record cover design development but, it does not look exactly like it which was my aim 
  • This would also be a reversible poster for the same reason as before 
  • I enjoyed the simplicity of this poster but, I also understand that that goes against the general nature of Alternative Music so, I think an adaption of one of the others would make the most sense
  • I know Bradley has been developing a lot of posters too so, we will be having a critique soon to decide which designs we will be developing for finals

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(B5) KEY FEATURES OF GOTHIC ARCHITECTURE