(B5) BUILDINGS VIEWS ON ALVAR AALTO

 


  • This is a publication documenting different architecture in black and white. 
  • The small images amongst the text was an interesting feature that engages the audience throughout the text, it could be an idea to do this in my designs like small icons as visual reminders of the gothic building element. For example, when I am explaining about flying buttresses, I could have an icon that is a photo of them 
  • It is interesting how the front cover has the potential to display huge amounts of colour yet, the images inside the book are black and white. I do think that the lack of colour in these photographs allow you to focus on the structure of the building rather than its decoration. 
  • The shape of the book is very narrow which is an interesting production feature, it must have been for a reason because it is not the typical shape of a book and I think this is what has led to photographs being placed across double-page spreads as if there is not enough room for them. 
  • It is obvious this is a visual book given the point size of the photo captions and page numbers. This is a hierarchal technique to show that the larger type is the most important text on the page, the description is more of an afterthought for further information. 
  • I do like this book and I think it's interesting in very subtle ways however if I chose to do something like this, I feel it will have to be much more extravagant to really capture the nature of the Gothic Style.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(B5) KEY FEATURES OF GOTHIC ARCHITECTURE