(B1) SIGN-UP TUTORIAL

  • I think I had lost a lot of motivation for the Living with Borderline Personality project. Hitting the wall with the designs really slowed my stride and with it being a topic really close to home it was hard to get back into it. 
  • I used the sign-up tutorial to try and have some clarity on what to do moving forward. I knew I had the ideas, it was more about gaining a little confidence to try them 
  • I explained the whole project to Simon and what we aimed to do with it. I said I was not sure how to make the whole kit uniformed without looking extremely harsh with the black and white colour scheme. He agreed and suggested I try looking at other palettes that will consider the purpose and target audience more
  • This is a kit for people with BPD to use with a family member or close friend. Even potentially a councillor, therapist and/ or psychiatrist. Raisa and I had chosen the black and white to illustrate the black and white thinking of BPD which works for the zine but might not be as appropriate when trying to use the kit to start a conversation 
  • I will look at more comforting palettes and maybe see how different colours are associated with different moods, however, I do not want to use too many colours in the design so, a limited palette is more what I was thinking 
  • The same approach needed to be taken with the type because they have very horror film connotations 
  • Looking back at the Mindfulness Matters Kit and the sort of colours and typography they have used 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(B5) KEY FEATURES OF GOTHIC ARCHITECTURE