(B4) INITIAL SKETCHES

  • I had a few ideas in mind for the cover of The Uninhabitable Earth and sketched them out so I would not forget them 
  • I usually struggle to do this because I feel the need to perfect a preliminary sketch and end up wasting time (which I did start to do with these, so next time I will use a pen)
  • The first one is meant to look like the statue of liberty buried in sand in the ocean. I would do this as a vector illustration with some grainy texture (imitate the sand). But, I would have to research and make sure that the statue of liberty would end up submerged otherwise it would not make sense. 
  • The second layout design is meant to be a fade photograph of a fallen chain link and sign- giving an almost post-apocalyptic feel. It will probably be difficult to develop this in a realistic way as I do not have the resources to recreate the image for a photograph. 
  • The small triangle net structure sketch is just an idea I had inspired by Fuller's geodesic domes. I want to experiment more with sea level diagrams and translating them into the style of his domes. 
  • The fourth sketch was much idea in my head than on paper. A similar idea to the statue of liberty, however, would be buildings underwater, like the myth of Atlantis brought to life. The title of the book constructed through the buildings. 
  • The next sketch is meant to look like the earth with the nets I drew before on the "uninhabitable' areas of the earth.
  • This last sketch is just the 'UN' from uninhabitable. I have this idea of the title being washed away like the book had decayed from water damage. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(B5) KEY FEATURES OF GOTHIC ARCHITECTURE