(B3) BRIEF CHANGE - HERBAL TEA

 At the beginning of the year, I had spoken to a group of illustrators to collaborate with me on a brief I had written called “Who is your villain?”. Since, the completion of the Context of Practice 3 and reflection of my Statement of Intent, I realise now that some of my briefs are just not suited to my own practice and design style. This brief was one of them, initially entailing the illustrators to design their own fictitious villain and several facial expressions for a double-page spread. I planned to do my own character and then design a publication for print to compile all of the illustrations. Unfortunately, due to Covid- 19 and other complications, many of the illustrations found they could not commit to the project and had to drop out. I also thought about how I am much more interested in screen/ product/ and packaging design and smaller publication as opposed to large scale publications like this one. 


With my remaining collaborators, we spoke of different interests we have in common with each other. One being herbalism and Wicca. This is something I based a project on last year which I did not do very well on. With a much better work ethic this year and far higher aspirations, I want to try again with a new approach and different collaborators. 


The brief is still a little rough however, we intend to refine it after some initial research. The idea came with the start of 2021 and the sudden urge to try new healthy habits especially whilst being at home. The first couple of days of the project we will be mind- mapping and using a design strategy to plan out the project. This will allow us to refine the brief and set a realistic deadline as well as work delegation.


(HAVE BEEN USING GOOGLE DRIVE TO SHARE WORK WITH ILLUSTRATORS) - I did not want to add to blogger straight away because of making sure we were definitely going to do this as a brief




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(B5) KEY FEATURES OF GOTHIC ARCHITECTURE