(B2) POSTER DEVELOPMENT


  • To start with I increased the point size of the text surrounding the logotype in the centre
  • It was too big to fit around the edge of the poster so, I laid it out around the logotype 
  • I also made sure the type was white so it did not clash with the glitch double- exposure  
  • But, then I was stuck with the issue of trying to make each of the posters connect but in a way that fits the context of the project 


  • I reminded myself of the ideas behind our original designs which were the three- dimensional tesselations and the idea of play 
  • I drew out a bold cubic tesselation and fit it loosely to the triangular play button
  • I had shown it to the group and Hussaine asked whether we should make the line weight of the cubes in the social media thicker to match but, I thought it would look better with a finer line weight anyway 
  • This idea would allow for a constant dynamic element running through each poster and the other deliverables 
  • Then it was the issue of applying the textual information in a way that would fit the tesselation 

  • I know Angus said he liked the type treatment Ryan had done for the poster but, I tried to make it fit and with it no longer being the focal element of the design it just looked out of place and the legibility was compromised 
  • I just tried to see how we could place the type and using just the outlines like the cubes do 
  • I actually really liked it and the legibility was far better than before, all that was left was to add all the other information in a way that will not disrupt the rest of the design 

  • I then played around with some imagery from the videos by applying them to the faces of the cube in a similar way as the social media posts 
  • I tried to add a playful hand-rendered type for the guest speakers name however, I am not sure on the design and whether it works with our general style 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(B5) KEY FEATURES OF GOTHIC ARCHITECTURE