(B2) POSTER MOCK UP USING VECTOR ILLUSTRATIONS

 

  • (Figure 1) Type provided in the Curate.TV brief pack (Work Sans Black and Regular)
  • (Figure 2) The grid from the first and second video, using the same bold linework as the video did
  • (Figure 3) Hat and mask saw in Grace Jones - I've Seen That Face Before (Libertango) video
  • (Figure 4) Cuboids from the set design of the first video and black and white to represent tunnel characters drive-through in the second video 
  • (Figure 5) Two cylinders to represent the batons or rolled up magazines the people dancing were holding in video four
  • (Figure 6) The lines and two grey rectangles is meant to look like the paper wall when fixed in video five 
  • (Figure 7) The red circle that is seen frequently in the sixth video 
Using the vector illustrations I had drawn previously, I tried to bring them all together to form one image that translated all the featured videos. I simplified the colour scheme to only the primary colours which were present in every video. The bold linework was interesting and contrasts against the brighter colours. The composition/ layout of the poster was not considered enough, I only did this because I thought it looked effective, however, moving forward, I want to make sure all the design decisions are justified. 

The group continued to communicate whilst working on our own stuff. We knew we had to settle on the style and particular rules in order to solidify the concept and all the deliverables look uniformed. Hussaine and I carried on with the bright shapes and black grids whilst trying to implement them into three- dimensional tesselations. I suggested that he could try adding screens to the faces of the shapes (as I was not sure if I could do it myself). Hussaine also suggested we use a cube net as the flyer shape.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(B5) KEY FEATURES OF GOTHIC ARCHITECTURE