(B1) LET'S TALK - SOCIAL GOOD CAMPAIGN

 





  • The designers of this project are students at university like us and this is their response to a brief that asked them to design a social good campaign of their choice. They chose to address the mental health across the student body
  • I think it is interesting to note how the tone is dramatically different in this campaign compared to the Mind Matters: Mindfulness project
  • The colours, like the group explains, are meant to be comforting and inviting, whilst maintaining a narrative that this is serious - which is why I think its different to the other project. I also feel that the colour reflects the audience being at University as it is very academic in appearance, it could blend in with typical posters stuck up around university, it does not stand out as a mental health campaign 
  • Personally, I enjoy the context of the posters however the design is a little plain, I think there could have been a lot more experimentation with the typography seen as there has been evident consideration with the imagery
  • Also, the social media posts have little doodles that are a lot more inviting than the imagery on the posters and I think they should have continued with that throughout. I understand they want the issue to be taken seriously, however, its main aim is to get students to reach out for support 
  • This project may have benefitted being a little more like the last project because it just does not have the inviting appeal of the last project (I could be biased because I really enjoyed the last one - but, I still do not believe it completely meets their aims). 
  • Nevertheless, I like the chosen platforms for the campaign and it is definitely something Raisa and I would be considering







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(B5) KEY FEATURES OF GOTHIC ARCHITECTURE