(B1) SKETCHES

I tried to illustrate the struggle of not being able to switch off at night. It is something I constantly suffer with, as well as many people. This has caused me to sleep around two hours a night and can be hard (although fairly used to it now). I was not sure how to show this and just drew what came to mind. I usually have a more photorealism approach but, I wanted these to be quick, almost comic like images. The more I look at this one, the more I do not like it, it is not really my style and would not be something I want to put out in the world. 
This illustration was much different and I was far happier with it. It has that comic appearance that I wanted and I think it accurately depicts that mask we put on ourselves to tackle the day. The shapes also gave it a little more direction, I can see how I can develop it already whereas in the last illustration I did not. 
I tried to keep the style of the last illustration when drawing this. I suppose out of all three this one is directly linked to BPD, specifically splitting, which is a term used to describe the rapid switch in moods. Most examples that reference this are "I hate you, don't leave me", "0-100", etc. I tried to show this by having both the arms appear to be from the same person, but one is the extreme rage and the other is the guilt and low experienced commonly after the rage. Tearing the paper seemed appropriate to really show the split of the person. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(B5) KEY FEATURES OF GOTHIC ARCHITECTURE