(B1) DIGITAL SKETCHES AND POSTER EXPERIMENTS

  • Tried digitally painting this sketch to see if it would look good in colour, however, I did not like it and we wanted to keep to the black and white colour scheme we decided earlier
  • I did think the red strip worked but, I think its because its a contrast to the rest of the drawing- which was the point
  • I do also think it looks better with a black background opposed to the original white

  • So, after showing Raisa and getting her opinion, I tried the strip inverted because we both agreed that black and white was a concrete rule in our design process but, the strip would look better as a contrast
  • Both of us thought this had a better appearance to the coloured version and kept to our rule
  • I also thought it would make it easier to apply to a poster or zine



There are so many things that I do not think are effective in this poster. For one, the type being so big takes the attention away from the illustration and looks like it has been clumsily placed on there without much thought. A second thing I dislike about this poster is the opaque black and white are quite invasive and static so, I want to experiment with that some more too. 


I made the changes from before and I am happier with this result.  I am still not sure about the type but, I did try to make the larger text mimic elements of the illustration that it is associated with. Plus, the serif font has a more refined appeal rather than Helvetica Bold had in the last poster.
I applied an overlay, layer of a photograph of water and buckled paper to make it look less static and give it a look of teardrops on the page maybe? I just think it made it easier on the eyes because the contrast was decreased. 


I just tested the poster on social media with a glitchy filter, just to see how it might look moving a little. I actually really liked it and thought if we do design an online zine, the posters may as well be online to. Using social media to distribute them?



I pretty much did the exact same with this sketch as the last one but, changed the text. I tried using the inversion style again but, I am not sure if it really works with this drawing or not? I did think it was effective at first however, compared to the last one, I am not as confident.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

(B5) KEY FEATURES OF GOTHIC ARCHITECTURE